Több mint 10 éves tapasztalattal rendelkező programvezetőt keres a WWF a Tanzániai irodájába.
The Post holder will play a critical leadership role in guiding and shaping WWF-Tanzania’s organizational development to meet the challenges of a global organization determined to effect genuine change. The position will be highly strategic in nature, ensuring continual growth, innovation, and efficiency for the organization to operate at the highest levels. The Chief Operations Officer oversees the management and effective integration of Operations for WWF Tanzania to ensure high performance, efficient operating systems, and the ability to enhance delivery of complex conservation programs and results.
The Chief Operations Officer reports directly to the Country Director and plays an integral role as a member of the Senior Management Team with a broad understanding and ability to advise the Country Director on all major business and organizational areas.
How to apply?
If you have a track record of 10+ years in a senior role successfully developing, leading, and managing large-scale programmes and/or organizations in the field of conservation, natural resource management, international development, and/or other related fields, demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis, contracts and legal compliance and possess excellent team building, organizational, analytical, and communications skills. This is an ideal job for you.
See attached detailed job description and apply with your CV and a cover letter addressed to Director, Human Resources – Africa clearly indicating the position applied for on the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st August 2017. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
- Guide the organizational change process and deliver continual improvements in key operational areas, elevating WWF-Tanzania’s profile as a leading Tanzanian ‘partner of choice’ and a WWF Country Office recognized globally for its operational effectiveness.
- Exercise leadership on bringing holistic organizational growth and effectiveness of operations as in integral member of the WWF Tanzania Senior Management Team.
- Provide strategic thought and leadership on developing and oversee the implementation of financial sustainability and business planning.
- Provide strategic input on engagement of a WWF-Tanzania Advisory Board.
- Serve as the WWF Network focal point for WWF Tanzania on regional and global operational issues.
- Develop and ensure implementation of the Information and Communications Technology strategy to deliver outstanding day to day service to the organization.
OVERSIGHT AND OPERATIONAL FUNCTIONS:
The position does not duplicate the role of the Department Leads for the following functions, but rather provides leadership, guidance, and support to ensure top flight performance and coordination among departments in carrying out their functions.
- Financial Management and Legal Compliance: Works with the Head of Finance and team to ensure that key processes are carried out and align with organizational and donor standards including: financial transactions, bookkeeping, accounting, and financial reporting of the organization; financial planning process, financial management policies and accounting practices. Reviews and analyzes financial reports and information and ensures that accurate and timely financial reporting to headquarters, donors and program leads is taking place. Supports and advises the CD in decision making, budgeting. Reviews reporting and monitoring of TCO
Financial Management performance metrics, ensures maximum cost recovery following institutional policies, and reviews audit findings. Reviews and monitors contracts and ensures compliance of organizational and donor requirements and policies. Consults with CD on contract anomalies and takes appropriate corrective actions.
- Human Resources: Works with the Head of the Human Resources and team to ensure the successful implementation of the human resource strategy including, recruitment, hiring, and compensation; benefits administration and oversight; professional training and development, including new employee orientation; retention and succession strategies; regulatory oversight and legal compliance; ensuring that the human resource function is properly resourced and represented within the senior management team.
- Program Operations and Administration: Works with the Head of Operations, Field Office Coordinators, Conservation Program Coordinators, and others to ensure highly effective program operations across the organization. Ensures that risk management and legal activities (letters of agreement, contracts, leases, and other legal documents and agreements) are meeting organizational standards; reviews business insurance, procurement, monitoring and management; ensures the ongoing maintenance and updating of information systems and infrastructure; provides guidance and leadership on improving TCO metrics and measurement reporting process to ensure high quality reporting; ensures smooth daily operations of physical plant and equipment for all WWF-Tanzania field offices; supports the establishment and effective engagement of the WWF Tanzania Advisory Board; promotes effective communications and information flow among key departments and ensures that enabling systems and mechanisms are in place.
- Business and Financial Sustainability Plan. Leads the development and implementation of the WWF Tanzania Financial Sustainability Plan to ensure longterm financial sustainability of the organization and alignment between long-term programmatic, financial, and business objectives.
- Focal Point for WWF Network Operational Issues: Represents WWF Tanzania for WWF Network operational issues including supporting “regional” functions housed or based in WWF Tanzania. Actively engages at the Network level – with the Regional Africa Office, Secretariat, WWF Tanzania stakeholders, etc. – on operational issues such as finance, cost recovery, and human resources. Demonstrates experience, insight, and leadership in working with the WWF Global Network on operational issues.
Required Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies
- The successful candidate will possess excellent team building, organizational, analytical, and communications skills. He or she will be performance driven with the ability to motivate and develop human potential.
- Advanced university degree (Masters) in Business Administration or Management. A CPA is an added advantage.
- Track record of 10+ years in a senior role successfully developing, leading, and managing large-scale programmes and/or organizations in the field of conservation, natural resource management, international development, and/or other related fields.
- Demonstrated experience in financial planning and analysis, contracts and legal compliance.
- Skills mix should include organizational development, human resource management, budget and resource development, strategic planning, and familiarity with information technology.
- Strong skills in program and project planning, financing, management, implementation, and evaluation;
- Excellent people, team building to facilitate the work of others, communications skills (English and Swahili) and ability to create and excel in a dynamic working environment.
- Initiative, judgement, flexibility, attention to detail, ability to prioritize and work effectively under time constraints, service to others, and solution oriented.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the mission of WWFTanzania.
- Knowledge of NGO institutional and legal frameworks in Tanzania. Familiarity with
Government Bilateral and Multilateral Assistance Agencies is desired.
Kép forrása: https://luminous-landscape.com/tanzanian-safari/